Exclusive MGO Reports
Access to our Special Reports below requires signing up for a Trial or a subscription to our service.
We also provide more in-depth bespoke research reports tailored to client needs for on-the-ground intelligence.
Brazil poised to shine again
Read this survey of 10 top Brazilian economists’ forecast for the next five years, including why:
- October elections will produce a better business climate, no matter who wins
- Infrastructure will be a winning investment
- A weaker currency will help exporters, foreign investors
2014-15 Security & Supply-Chain Risk Outlook
From India to the United Arab Emirates, new risks create new rules for navigating emerging markets. This report reveals the tax, legal and the political shifts that will shake up Global supply chains and the impacts, including:
- Why China supply-chain costs could rise 20 percent
- Why risks will rise in Indonesia, South Africa, Peru, and elsewhere
- ALSO: Where risks will go down, why ‘conflict minerals’ matter, and how drones could reshape logistics
Mining After the Soma Disaster
Nations make strides in mining safety, but lax policies keep risks high. In the wake of the Soma disaster that killed more than 300 in Turkey, MGO took an in-depth look at four mining countries:
- Turkey: Politics will triumph over safety
- China: Bigger mines lead to fewer fatalities
- Chile: Remember the rescue? Forget reform
- South Africa: A push for zero fatalities
Social Responsibility in 2014
Top SRI experts analyze environmental, social, and governance risks for corporations in emerging & frontier markets. The survey reveals:
- Which ESG issues in the developing world are garnering the most momentum?
- What’s been this proxy season’s sleeper issue?
- Which regions are becoming riskier for ESG equity investors?
- Where is ESG equity risk declining the fastest?
Eastern Europe’s New Split
Top regional defense experts analyze the fallout from Russian’s incursion into Ukraine in this exclusive MGO survey which reveals why:
- Europe’s post-Cold War map is being redrawn with a shifting East-West dividing line
- Rising tensions will boost regional defense spending 12.5 percent and which countries will invest in their defense
- US, West European defense firms will prosper, while Russian energy companies will see delays
- Despite a weak start, NATO gains momentum and a sharper focus, as does the United States
Turkey's Challenging Year
Top economists surveyed predict that the growth of the Turkish economy will seriously underperform government estimates for 2014 while inflation will top official forecasts. The report also provides fresh insight as to why top economists say:
- Political scandals will dampen investor sentiment
- The defense industry is investors’ best bet
- The construction industry will be hit hardest
West Africa Outlook – 3Q 2013
A Monitor Global Outlook EXCLUSIVE
This West Africa Outlook offers insight into the key Security and political shifts that may impact the investment climate, including:
- Nigeria’s power privatization opens opportunities – and labor disputes.
- Al Qaeda-linked groups pose rising risk to critical infrastructure projects.
- Ghana’s economy, Ivory Coast politics affect cocoa trade, and the rise of piracy in the Gulf of Guinea.
South Asia Outlook – 4Q 2013
A Monitor Global Outlook EXCLUSIVE
This South Asia Outlook offers insight into the political, security, social shifts set that can impact business climate, including:
- India election season: Will pro-business leaders win?
- Bangladesh labor unrest to raise supply chain risks and costs.
- Pakistan’s power sector, India’s new land acquisition law, and energy projects in Myanmar.
2014-2015 Financial Services Outlook
Read this comprehensive financial outlook for emerging & frontier markets which we believe are poised for solid growth, but key risks remain. Key takeaways include:
- Declining risks in Mexico, Colombia, and Chile are boosting its investment climate;
- Nigeria will remain a star Frontier Market performer;
- Rising middle class incomes will propel high-growth consumer goods companies;
- The “triple play” TV phone-Internet services can help PE investors get their expected 25-35 percent returns in a sluggish Eastern Europe.
2014 Emerging & Frontier Markets Forecast
Our 2014 Emerging & Frontier Markets Forecast offers critical insights on new opportunities and shifting risks in high-growth markets, including:
- What will China’s reforms mean?
- Low-cost labor shifts and unrest will shake up global supply chains.
- Also inside: Key reforms stall in Brazil & Mexico, Nigeria’s bank policy, and new energy and infrastructure projects globally